Sunday, May 13, 2012

So...What’s Your Story Life? Article 5


There was a time that I would go into my closet to pray. You know the saying “Go into your secret closet” to pray to God. I actually thought that it meant to physically go into a closet. Now I understand it better that we can pray to God anywhere. But while I was in there I’d tell God all of my most  private thoughts, hopes and dreams. Although, He already knew them all. I got to thinking about how much of my private life I spoke in my closet. And I thought about all the things that were in my closet. My things are in my business! If my things could talk what would they say? That got me to thinking about people always minding other peoples business and not telling anything about their life. So the question I ask is “what’s your story life”? What is it about you that nobody knows? What are your likes and dislikes? What are your inner most fears? What secrets do you hold close to your heart that you would never want anyone else to know? What gets us going the most in life to some extent is “the truth about others”! And we become so Holier than Thou as if nothing can touch us. We become that crystal ball revealing every detail of someone else’s life as we see it more so than our own. Revealing secrets told and some not told but found out by other means like gossip, etc.

It is in us all to be better! It is in us to be wiser and not foolish! It is most certainly in us all to dream as big and as far as the eyes can see! So where do we begin? Well let’s start by finding that place, that very special place we can go to and find “it”! That it would be “Life”! A life overflowing with the most wonderful stories about us. And one that begins to take shape in a way that will inspire and overwhelm our own imagination. Whether that place is behind closed doors, outside among the trees, birds and bees or on a raft drifting down the river. We need our special place so we can dwell more into our own life. This quote of mine puts things into a little more perspective “my story life belongs to the world only when I tell it”! There is so much of my life that I want others to know about. The good, the bad, the highs and lows, the ups and downs, everything. But will they find it to be exciting or dull? Will it be boring or worthy enough to tell? I’m sure that’s how some of us look at our lives. That’s why we feel comfortable delving into someone else’s story life, as I call it. It takes the focus off of us. And some of their stories are like a tunnel where we can’t wait to get to the end. Because there’s really not much to tell at times. I love to hear my Mother-In-Law tell stories of days gone by. Some will make you cry, some will make you laugh and some will make your imagination go hay wire. She tells the most exciting stories of her life in days gone by. Those are the story life that are to be heard. Especially when the person telling it owns it! What better story to tell then the story life that belongs to you. I have so much to tell about my life and I question where to begin. We don’t have to have an order to begin our story life. Just begin! I love writing and I think that I have always known that it was my passion. It’s really something to be able to pull what’s in your heart and head onto paper. It does take a lot of imagination sometimes and a lot of soul searching for the truth. The part of my story life that I am going to share in this article is about the love of my life.

My husband “Darrell” was sent by God to me. I prayed for this man and God sent me exactly who I asked for. We have been together for 27 years and yes happily married. It has not all been a bed of roses but I never thought that it would be. I never set the bar for our marriage that high into thinking it would be perfect. And I never prayed for a perfect marriage. That I’m sure God would not have granted. But what it is for me and my husband is a love that will last forever. That I do believe with a lot of faith. My husband and I did not grow up together and we only met briefly when I moved to Columbia my 9th grade year. I was not interested so much in guys while in high school. I wasn’t so developed in certain areas as some other girls. My husband says that I was an ugly duckling that turned into a beautiful swan. I totally agree! My husband and I actually met after high school. A very long time after high school. He had finished college and I was still trying to decide what I wanted to do with my life. We lived very close to each other at the time that we met. I use to see my husband jogging right pass my house some days. This one particular day I was getting ready to ride my bike and he happened to be working on his car in their driveway. He said something to me that I can’t quite remember but the rest is history. God brought us together at the right time, the right place and the right moment. I thank God each and every day for how He has orchestrated everything in our marriage. I believe that when we tell our story life in our own words nothing really gets missed. But when it’s told by others a lot can get messed up. So I don’t mind telling my story life at all. Hold on...more to come soon!

Written by, Staice M Morris
My Closet Experience #5 (copyright 2012)



No comments:

Post a Comment