Sunday, May 13, 2012

“A-New” Article 6


I’ve been dreaming of a closet make-over for a long time now. I’d like a bigger closet that’s very spacious, has lots of drawers to store things, a wall with built in shoe storage, a jewelry nook and a place to sit and write. I want to be able to walk into my closet and not feel “closet phobia”! You know what I mean. I don’t want to feel cramped in a space that has outgrown me. My closet is filled with my husband and my things. After so many years of living in the same house, (17) years to be exact, it starts to get a wee bit crowded. And no matter how much we get rid of things it’s still cramped. I realized that it was time for a change! Time for something “A-NEW” and exciting. It’s time to move from what that which at one time was very comfortable. That’s how life is at times when things we’re so use to can become so uncomfortable to us. That’s when you know that it’s time for “A-NEW”! I got to thinking about those things in my life, besides my closet, that’s become uncomfortable. But before I go there let me say this. Change is very good when it’s a good change. And none of us can predict either way how it’s going to turn out. But at least you tried and that’s what’s important. I have gotten uncomfortable at the Church I attend and grew up in. I feel that it is time for me to branch out. Not because I’m tired of Church, but I have outgrown my Church. Oprah Winfrey said that we all need to grow to greatness wherever we’re at. I feel that I have stopped growing at my home Church and I don’t like those odds at all.

I do believe that we should never keep things the same. Whether it’s changing something about our appearance, our career, our attitude or whatever. I’m sure you get the point! The bible says that we are to be transformed by renewing our mind. That’s really where all of our change should begin. I know that change can be scary, even exhausting. But I also know that it can be exciting and wonderful. I love change and the new things change could bring our way. If I had to give an example of how change could be good, let’s look at it from a biblical aspect. In the book of Job we learn how he had everything in life he could possibly need. A good home, a lovely wife, a few kids, some cattles and livestocks and more. But, all of that changes when the devil took all of what he had from him even his good health. That was a huge change for Job at that time. Some would say it was a bad change for Job because of all that he had to endure. But I say that because the devil meant all of it for bad, it actually turned out to be a good change for Job. In the sense that he got back more than what he had. So yes, even though all change is not good. Change is necessary at times. Job was reborn and his life became “A-New”!

We shouldn’t stay where we’re at if it’s making our life uncomfortable. We do have a God given will to make things happen in our life. Things that can change or alter our situation in a good way. No, we don’t have the power to change everything in our life. Such as the smell of a fresh new summer breeze or the sweet new song that the robin sings or a new sunrise each morning. These are things that I have no control over and wouldn’t change if I could. I’ll stick to working on my own transformation to a life “A-New”. I have learned that each day brings about the opportunity for new birth which is life “A-New”. Think about your life. What is the one thing you would change that would be a worthy change for your life.? And it doesn’t have to be drastic. Just different. The way you never looked at a sunset or smell a rose or listened for that still small voice. I know that there are barriers such as fear and other things that get in the way. But don’t allow anything or anyone stop you from starting your life “A-New”! And it is my belief that our lives can only become “A-New” when we say “Yes”! And that, as Oprah says, is your A-Ha moment.

Written by: Ms. Staice M J Morris



1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! Please visit my blog www.divasthrifttwo.blogspot.com to accept your nomination.

    ReplyDelete